We cordially invite you to the 1st Conference on Thermal Issues in Machine Tools, which will take place from 21 March to 23 March 2018 at the Hotel Inside in Dresden. In cooperation with CRC/TR 96 and EUSPEN, we have succeeded in bringing this outstanding CIRP conference with its focus on “Thermal Influences of Machine Tools” to Dresden. New solutions for increasing the machining accuracy of machine tools under transient thermal conditions will be the focus of the high-class lectures and discussions.
The conference is a great opportunity for experts from academia and industry in the field of thermal modeling and optimal thermal design of machine tools to present and discuss their findings on a high scientific level . The conference intends to stimulate and support development and knowledge transfer in this field.
The 1st conference follows up on this path and offers parallel sessions concerning the topics
- Measurement of thermal influences on machine tools and workpieces
- Modelling and model reduction techniques
- Compensation and correction of thermal effects
- Design principles for thermally robust machine tools (Machine Tool Elements, Machine Structures)
- Testworkpieces and assessment
- Thermo-energetic design